In the Summer of 2010 I was one of many lucky people who had the opportunity to take a short trip to Haiti. I fell almost instantly in love and just can't keep myself away. I've spent about 11 months in Haiti since the first time I went two and a half years ago and my time there isn't over. I'm exploring my options on where to take my life from here but it WILL include Haiti in one form or another. This is where I record stories and thoughts about my experiences.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Quick update:

Amy and I are in La Gonave with the Extollo team, having a wonderful time! Sherman (Big boss of Extollo) and some others are here visiting as well. The more the merrier! We're staying on their work site in the new house (not quite finished) which will be their guest house. Amy and I have been doing some jobs for the boys like we always do (organizing, cleaning, building rookie shelves for kitchen items etc.) It's been a good time. It's our last night and Amy and I aren't ready to leave yet! Early tomorrow morning we're heading back to the mainland so I'll be spending the last few days in Haiti with the girls in Leogane. I'm happy about that.

Still feels not real that I'm leaving Haiti in a few short days. Not quite sure how I feel about it. I'm really going to miss it here. I miss my boys and the rest of those kids in Bon Repos more than I thought was possible. I'm so thankful Amy has been here to help me through the crazy feelings. But I'm here and I'm okay. Day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment