In the Summer of 2010 I was one of many lucky people who had the opportunity to take a short trip to Haiti. I fell almost instantly in love and just can't keep myself away. I've spent about 11 months in Haiti since the first time I went two and a half years ago and my time there isn't over. I'm exploring my options on where to take my life from here but it WILL include Haiti in one form or another. This is where I record stories and thoughts about my experiences.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Leogane

I arrived in Leogane! The girls were sooooo happy to see me. Everyone ran out of the house and swarmed me. I was so happy to see them too. I gave so many kisses and it was wonderful. I decided to sleep in the orphanage with them because I hate being alone and love them more than anything. It's nice and I havn't seen any spiders. Jesus really must be with me protecting me! haha. The next day I went to check out the container. Guess who forgot to leave a generator key? Yup, Amy and I did. So now I can't run the air conditioning or lights or water filter. But it worked out ok because I like sleeping with the girls. I went and bought water with one of the older girls so I have water and a place to sleep. I just love being here because the girls take such good care of me. People are always asking if I'm hungry and if I ate anything. All the little kids have been coming up to me and offering me part of their meal. I love them oh so much.

Last night I went to the container to get my pajamas on and Salvacienne came with me. She waited for me outside. I heard her knocking so I went to open the door. There is a giant tarp above the container and it had completely filled with water. It was a TON of water. It broke and made the LOUDEST sound ever. I grabbed Salvacienne just in time and we slammed the container door shut. Not before the water threw rocks and dirt all over the floor. That was not fun to clean up.

That's all for now because my time at the internet cafe is almost up.

-Becca

1 comment:

  1. Amy aka Beccas best "ok" friendOctober 10, 2011 at 12:31 AM

    Awww I'm so glad you are there with them :)

    ReplyDelete