In the Summer of 2010 I was one of many lucky people who had the opportunity to take a short trip to Haiti. I fell almost instantly in love and just can't keep myself away. I've spent about 11 months in Haiti since the first time I went two and a half years ago and my time there isn't over. I'm exploring my options on where to take my life from here but it WILL include Haiti in one form or another. This is where I record stories and thoughts about my experiences.

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Random updates

Yesterday I had a rough morning. Katie left around 5 a.m. to go to the U.S. embassy with her friend and didn't come back until around 2. I had to watch both babies and teach school for all five kids who are in different grades. I also had baby duty the night before and was awake by 4:45. So I had a lot of work and very little energy and patience. I was holding a fussy baby at all times because they weren't feeling good. We started school way early and ended school way late. It was not a good morning for any of us. I told Katie she's never allowed to leave again. :)

After Katie came back, the babies napped and I got to rest a little bit. After my rest and a coke I felt a lot better. The babies were being good so I decided to go give myself, the workers, and the kids pedicures. I washed and put lotion on all their little feetsies. All the kids have bright pink toes now. It's pretty cute.

This morning I got to shave two of the boy's hair. That was pretty fun.

Noah and Jackson are sick and have trouble sleeping because of the congestion. They've been sick quite a while. I am also still finding blood in their diapers and are waiting to hear back from the doctor about an appointment. Pray they get healthy soon!

I'm in a great mood today because I got to sleep in. Usually the babies are up at 5 for the day but this morning they went back to sleep until 7:30 after they ate! The extra sleep was soooo wonderful.

The bugs have been crazy here and decided it's a good idea to invade the house more than usual. We've been getting extra protein in our rice because a ton of ants always end up in our food. As long as they're small enough to not crunch, I have no problem with it.

That's all the updates I have for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment