In the Summer of 2010 I was one of many lucky people who had the opportunity to take a short trip to Haiti. I fell almost instantly in love and just can't keep myself away. I've spent about 11 months in Haiti since the first time I went two and a half years ago and my time there isn't over. I'm exploring my options on where to take my life from here but it WILL include Haiti in one form or another. This is where I record stories and thoughts about my experiences.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

La plaj

I was having a really hard time the past couple of days. I was feeling really burnt out and just ready to go home. My friend Pierre has family here and was visiting. He showed up at my house on Friday and invited me and Katie to go to the beach with his family the next day. His invitation couldn't have come at a better time. Katie and I both needed to get away and it was a lot of fun. 20 (I think) of Pierre's family members and Katie and I all piled onto Frankie's (Pierre's brother) taptap and headed to the beach. His sister cooked beans, rice and chicken which we packed up and took with us. It was really fun getting to know some more of Pierre's family. Most of them live right down the street from me too! Pierre's kids were there as well.

I have started to teach Pierre's kids English once a week which has been interesting. They're pretty shy but learning quick. They come over to my house once a week for an hour and I teach them some simple phrases. Hopefully they'll warm up to me more now that we got to hang out at the beach together. I really like them.

Other than that not much else has changed. Oh! The boys have been sleeping through the night for a while now which has been so wonderful. If I wrote about it already, then I'm sorry, but it truly is the most wonderful thing ever to get an uninterrupted nights sleep. Speaking of sleep, it's past my bedtime. Bon nwit!

No comments:

Post a Comment