In the Summer of 2010 I was one of many lucky people who had the opportunity to take a short trip to Haiti. I fell almost instantly in love and just can't keep myself away. I've spent about 11 months in Haiti since the first time I went two and a half years ago and my time there isn't over. I'm exploring my options on where to take my life from here but it WILL include Haiti in one form or another. This is where I record stories and thoughts about my experiences.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Updates on previous posts

The number 19 is back down to 18. The woman who does laundry came back with family members. The baby's aunt on the fathers side said that she wanted to take care of him. The mother has come back to do laundry every day since and seems in a good mood. I hope that things are going to work out for everyone to be happy and healthy. I'm glad that he can stay in Haiti with people who love him.

Below I've posted some pictures of Yveline from her first year graduation. They have a party/graduation every time they successfully complete a year of school. 

Yveline is on the very right hand side in the front

Yveline is on the far left
We have found a family interested in adopting the boys. I've been in contact with them and am excited to learn more about them. I feel "right" about them and a peace that I hadn't felt with other families who showed interest. Please keep praying about this that it will work out for everyone if it's the place that the boys are supposed to go. I know that the family is working very hard to get things in place for the adoption and they are trying to figure out the best time to come visit. They seem very excited and so am I! It will be the hardest thing to leave my boys but it will make it easier if I know they're going to the perfect family.

No comments:

Post a Comment