In the Summer of 2010 I was one of many lucky people who had the opportunity to take a short trip to Haiti. I fell almost instantly in love and just can't keep myself away. I've spent about 11 months in Haiti since the first time I went two and a half years ago and my time there isn't over. I'm exploring my options on where to take my life from here but it WILL include Haiti in one form or another. This is where I record stories and thoughts about my experiences.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Help! Updated

Just wanted to give a BIG THANK YOU to all of those who donated money to Yveline's nursing school fund. We ended up raising enough money for her for one more year! She is VERY thankful and was so excited when we told her. The money that was raised will change her life and give her opportunities that very few people have here in Haiti. Education is the most important thing for getting a job. A job means money, and money means she won't starve or have to look for other ways of getting by. One year of school may not seem like a life or death issue to most of us in the United States but here in Haiti one more year of school very well could be saving her life. 

Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment