In the Summer of 2010 I was one of many lucky people who had the opportunity to take a short trip to Haiti. I fell almost instantly in love and just can't keep myself away. I've spent about 11 months in Haiti since the first time I went two and a half years ago and my time there isn't over. I'm exploring my options on where to take my life from here but it WILL include Haiti in one form or another. This is where I record stories and thoughts about my experiences.

Monday, March 19, 2012


On St. Patrick's day, Katie and I had a party for the kids. Katie found a poem for the five school kids to recite for everyone. Erline recited a poem in Creole for everone too. The six performers dressed up in green for the occasion and took it very seriously. I love that. Katie and I made juice, bought chico (Haitian cheetos, remember?) and had candy bracelets for everyone. Katie also did a cute craft with all the kids. We had bubbles and put green food dye in them to make green bubbles. It was a good day for a party and the kids were really well behaved. Sorry about the yelling in the video. The kids were well behaved and quiet but the two adults there kept talking through the whole poem! Oh well.

A woman named Cristy is here from Portugal to visit for a week. She is a really great lady. She has traveled all over the world and had a great spirit. There have been some really great people who have come to stay with Sue and I'm lucky to have met all of them. I fell like the timing of each person who came to visit was perfect. They each had something to teach me that was exactly what I needed at that time. It's amazing how that works out. Thank you Pastor Bill, Shannon, Collin, Serena, Mary, Cristy, Bob, and Grant! 

No comments:

Post a Comment